Thursday, September 15, 2011

Green Urban Living-Simple Steps to growing Food, Keeping Chickens, Worm Farming, Beekeeping and more in New Zealand.


This week we interview Janet Luke about her new book and her philosophy on 'Gurbing' (Green Urban Living).
Her new book offers practical and sensible advice on keeping small livestock, planting the right food and vegetables, involving the kids and more. Also check her website for more helpful info: http://www.greenurbanliving.co.nz/

A bit about Janet.

Janet is a Landscape Architect and have a Masters degree, with Honors, in Environmental and Resource Planning. Click for contact details.

She has always enjoyed growing vegetables but since having our three children has become more and more concerned about the state of our environment and the rising cost of living. "I want our kids to learn where food comes from and how to grow it, I also want my family to do our bit for the environment and as I do have Scottish heritage, I want to save money and learn to live a more frugal lifestyle, without having to give up my daily Lattes!"

"Many people think that if you live in an urban environment you can’t grow your own food or have animals but after looking through my web-site you will see that that is not the case. My goal is to help you produce more and consume less in ways that make you and your family live a more healthy, sustainable lifestyle, connected to nature, whilst saving money. There are so many ways we can all live more green and eco friendly".

"I have a passion for sustainable design, edible landscaping and permaculture and I want to share this knowledge. I am completing a Certificate in Permaculture Design and run Green Living Courses from my urban garden".

No comments:

Post a Comment